- Selection, Formation and Maintenance of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Other Entities;
- Asset Purchases/Stock Acquisition;
- Sales, Service and Licensing Agreements;
- Buy-Sell Agreements and Other Corporate/Partner/Shareholder/Related Agreements;
- Counseling on Shareholder/Officer/Director Rights and Obligations;
- General Corporate Advice.
The Firm maintains an active corporate and transactional practice. We will guide you through all issues associated with selecting, forming and maintaining your corporate entity. The Firm regularly represents purchasers and sellers in acquisitions of assets and corporate buy-outs and advises individuals and entities on matters involving partnership and corporate interests, shareholder and member rights and director and officer responsibilities. The Firm also ensures that all corporate matters are properly documented and accurately reflect your business interests.
Labor and Employment
- Prosecution and defense of wage, wrongful termination, whistleblower, discrimination and harassment claims;
- Representation in administrative investigations and charges from state and federal agencies (EEOC, DOL and DLSE);
- Internal investigations into harassment claims and other allegations of improper workplace conduct;
- Drafting and review of employment policy and procedure handbooks;
- Employment Agreements, including Executive Compensation and Severance Agreements;
- Sexual harassment training and employment practices training for managers and supervisors;
- Counseling and advice regarding legal compliance and best practices for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, termination and layoffs;
- Other employee relations and human resource issues.
The Firm regularly represents employers and high-level executives in its labor and employment practice. The practice is twofold, with the Firm providing counseling to employers of all sizes on issues regarding legal compliance, such as employee hiring, review and termination procedures. The Firm also conducts sexual harassment training and employment practices training for managers and key employees. The Firm also ensures that necessary documentation for employees, including employee handbooks and employment agreements, are properly drafted and maintained in compliance with existing law.
In addition to counseling, the Firm represents employers and highly-placed executives in court and before administrative agencies to resolve claims related to wages, discrimination, retaliation, whisteblowers and harassment.
- All Phases of Trial, Arbitration, Mediation and Appeals;
- Bankruptcy Litigation;
- Business Torts;
- Contract Disputes;
- Corporate Director and Officer Liability;
- Enforcement of Shareholder Rights;
- General Business Law;
- Internal Investigations;
- Real Estate;
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition.
The Firm handles a wide variety of complex litigation matters and has expertise in a myriad of areas. The Firm provides counseling to its clients with the goal of avoiding unnecessary and costly litigation. If necessary however, the Firm is well-equipped to take matters from inception through all stages of litigation and appeal.
The Firm also has experience in the conduct of corporate internal investigations into claims ranging from harassment and fraud to other forms of potential wrongdoing. The Firm will guide you through the investigatory process and work with company officers and directors to document all necessary information and issue findings to bring the investigation to a successful conclusion.